Silky Chocolate Sauce
Bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder turn into a rich, silky chocolate sauce in a matter of minutes. Simple enough to whip up when that hot fudge sundae craving hits.
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 ounce bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cognac, or other brandy
- Whisk corn syrup, cocoa and cornstarch in a small saucepan until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk, Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate and Cognac. Let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 32 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydratef
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more