I made this as an appetizer for a recent dinner party. Everyone loved it, including those that don't usually like eggplant. I served it with crostini. I used small eggplants and cut the sugar to 1 teaspoon. I probably could have gotten away with not using the sugar.
From EatingWell: September/October 2011
This caponata is a vibrant mixture of fresh vegetables, including eggplant, onion, celery and tomatoes. Olives, capers, basil and pine nuts make it special. Serve it as a side with fish or as a spread on rustic bread. Prepare caponata the night before serving if you can; it always tastes better the next day.
2 Reviews for Sicilian Caponata
I have made this recipe several times. It received raves from my ladies golf league when I made it for our league potluck. The flavors are wonderful and it's packed with vegetables--a win-win.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)