Once you try this versatile stir-fry sauce it will become a staple in your weeknight dinner repertoire.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Chinkiang vinegar, (see Ingredient Note) or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Whisk broth, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, oil, cornstarch and red pepper in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chinkiang is a dark, slightly sweet vinegar with a smoky flavor. It is available in many Asian specialty markets. If unavailable, balsamic vinegar is an acceptable substitute.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 75 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Everyday favorites
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique