Once you try this versatile stir-fry sauce it will become a staple in your weeknight dinner repertoire.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Chinkiang vinegar, (see Ingredient Note) or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Whisk broth, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, oil, cornstarch and red pepper in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chinkiang is a dark, slightly sweet vinegar with a smoky flavor. It is available in many Asian specialty markets. If unavailable, balsamic vinegar is an acceptable substitute.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 75 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Everyday favorites
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory