This was great. Here in southern CA it's easy to find great mango. But if you're stuck, look for mango slices in syrup in a jar in the produce section.
Shrimp with Mango & Basil
This one-pan stir-fry is an Indian feast of sweet shrimp, perfumy mangoes and spicy basil. It's guaranteed to evoke dinnertime oohs and ahhs. Carbs are a time-tested way to take the pop out of the heat, so make sure you have plenty of aromatic jasmine rice to go with this fiery dish. Use prepeeled shrimp to make preparation a breeze.
14 Reviews for Shrimp with Mango & Basil
This has become one of my favorite recipes. It's incredibly easy if you use peeled shrimp, and delightfully tasty. I brought some to work today for lunch, and several of my coworkers commented on how good it looked and smelled. "Hey, will you make lunch for me too?" Well, no, but I'll give you the recipe.
Very easy to make and had very good flavor! I have never used Tumeric before so I was not sure what to expect. I only used a 1/4 tsp of the Cayenne and it had just a little bite of heat. I may add more next time. Very delicious with a lttle Basmati rice on the side.
I really enjoyed this recipe for it's simplicity and use of turmeric (which is amazing for you) and light flavors. Make sure you get a good mango, mine was from wal-mart and didn't taste all that great. I will continue to purchase them organic from now on since they come out tasting much better.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)