This was terrible and a waste of shrimp. So very bland. Will not make again.
Shrimp & Pesto Pasta
The spring flavors of asparagus and pesto combine beautifully with fettuccine and shrimp in a light and simple pasta dish that works for family or casual entertaining. Make it a meal: Serve with a tomato-and-arugula salad tossed with mustard-balsamic vinaigrette and fruit sorbet for dessert.
16 Reviews for Shrimp & Pesto Pasta
Instead of overcooking the shrimp, sear them quickly over medium-high heat and remove from non-stick fry pan before proceeding with wine reduction. Make a stock out of the shrimp shells, an onion, and a couple of carrots, bring to boil and simmer for about an hour, then cook the noodles and asparagus in that. add a little stock to the pan when reducing the wine. This REALLY boosts the flavor.
I thought this was OK. It was missing something so I added a squeeze of lemon juice to it on the plate which improved the flavor greatly. I actually thought it was better as leftovers and enjoyed it for lunch for a couple of days.
The only changes I made to the recipe were that I doubled the roasted pepper and added some garlic in with the shrimp. It was a bit bland and needed something so I finished it with a squeeze of lemon juice which helped tremendously. Also, it was better for lunch the next day.
My family and I enjoyed the dish so much that I made two batches of the pasta dish. However I substituted whole grain thin spaghetti for the linguine because my family doesn't like thick pasta. Next time I'm going to try the recipe substitution I saw and replace the roasted red peppers with sun dried tomatoes.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)