From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Residents of Sao Paulo call themselves Paulistas and this simple shrimp dish is a regional favorite. Traditionally, the shrimp are cooked in their shells; however, we've removed them to make for easier eating.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, half the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, marinade and remaining garlic; cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper. Toss to combine.
Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 224 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 456 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (66% daily value), Iron (20% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- New Year's Eve
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Central/South American
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- February/March 2006