From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Residents of Sao Paulo call themselves Paulistas and this simple shrimp dish is a regional favorite. Traditionally, the shrimp are cooked in their shells; however, we've removed them to make for easier eating.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, half the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, marinade and remaining garlic; cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper. Toss to combine.
Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 224 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 456 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (66% daily value), Iron (20% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- New Year's Eve
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Central/South American
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- February/March 2006