From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Residents of Sao Paulo call themselves Paulistas and this simple shrimp dish is a regional favorite. Traditionally, the shrimp are cooked in their shells; however, we've removed them to make for easier eating.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, half the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, marinade and remaining garlic; cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper. Toss to combine.
Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 224 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 456 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (66% daily value), Iron (20% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Central/South American
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- New Year's Eve
- Entertaining, casual
- February/March 2006