From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Residents of Sao Paulo call themselves Paulistas and this simple shrimp dish is a regional favorite. Traditionally, the shrimp are cooked in their shells; however, we've removed them to make for easier eating.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, half the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, marinade and remaining garlic; cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper. Toss to combine.
Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 224 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 456 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (66% daily value), Iron (20% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- New Year's Eve
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Central/South American
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- February/March 2006