Shrimp Louis Salad Sandwich
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
This sandwich is a spin on the West Coast classic Louis salad—normally a big helping of fresh crab or shrimp served atop a cool pile of iceberg lettuce and doused with a heavy Russian-like dressing, known as Louis sauce. We've turned it into a healthy sandwich with lean seafood and a tangy, lighter Louis dressing. Crab would also be excellent on this sandwich—for convenience you can buy it in a 3 1/2-ounce pouch near the canned fish at the supermarket.
- 2 3-ounce pouches gulf shrimp, drained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill relish, or minced dill pickle
- 4 slices toasted whole-grain bread
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce, or spinach
- Mix shrimp with ketchup, mayonnaise and relish (or pickle) in a small bowl. Divide between 2 slices of bread, top with lettuce (or spinach) and the remaining bread.
Per serving: 194 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 180 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 11 g fiber; 930 mg sodium; 91 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (35% daily value), Zinc (30% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Calcium (20% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)