We made every meal in the "Healthy in a Hurry" column this month. This was a favorite. I used jarred roasted red pepper as we do not like fresh peppers. With everything chopped in advance it came together quickly. The hoisin sauce was a must. We did use a Trader Joe's frozen rice medley to add some flavor and speed things up. Would definitely make again!
Shrimp Fried Rice
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
This healthy shrimp fried rice recipe is packed with vegetables and makes 4 generous servings, so you’ll need to use a large skillet that is at least 12 inches wide. A large wok also works well. If you have cooked rice on hand, omit Step 1 and add 2 1/2 cups cooked rice to the pan in Step 5.
8 Reviews for Shrimp Fried Rice
I only used 1 tablespoon of the ginger and also added a clove of garlic to the veggies. I had some corn, peas and green beans in the freezer and also added some onions to "beef up" the veggie content. Didn't have any shrimp but it is fantastic just with veggies. Also, I added 2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar and some sriracha (garlic chili paste) to the sauce before adding it to the rice. It was DELICIOUS!
This was very good and super quick and easy. Whole family loved it!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)