Shrimp & Crab Cakes
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
These are delicious with Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce.
- 10 ounces raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 6 ounces flaked crabmeat, squeezed dry if necessary
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fine, unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly mix shrimp, crab, egg white, mustard, hot pepper, salt and Peppercorn Blend in a bowl. Shape into 8 patties, each about 3/8 inch thick. Spread breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and coat the patties on both sides with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add crab cakes and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 138 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (44% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995