Shrimp & Crab Cakes
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
These are delicious with Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce.
- 10 ounces raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 6 ounces flaked crabmeat, squeezed dry if necessary
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fine, unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly mix shrimp, crab, egg white, mustard, hot pepper, salt and Peppercorn Blend in a bowl. Shape into 8 patties, each about 3/8 inch thick. Spread breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and coat the patties on both sides with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add crab cakes and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 138 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (44% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995