Shrimp & Crab Cakes
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
These are delicious with Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce.
- 10 ounces raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 6 ounces flaked crabmeat, squeezed dry if necessary
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fine, unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly mix shrimp, crab, egg white, mustard, hot pepper, salt and Peppercorn Blend in a bowl. Shape into 8 patties, each about 3/8 inch thick. Spread breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and coat the patties on both sides with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add crab cakes and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 138 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (44% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995