Shrimp & Crab Cakes
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
These are delicious with Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce.
- 10 ounces raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 6 ounces flaked crabmeat, squeezed dry if necessary
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fine, unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly mix shrimp, crab, egg white, mustard, hot pepper, salt and Peppercorn Blend in a bowl. Shape into 8 patties, each about 3/8 inch thick. Spread breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and coat the patties on both sides with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add crab cakes and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 138 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (44% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995