This was 'by far' one of the best curry dishes that I've ever made. As well as the first recipe that I've ever tried from Eating Well. Served it over brown rice with steamed sugar snap peas on the side. Definitely a keeper!
Shrimp & Coconut Milk Curry
Diluting the rich coconut milk that is used in many Asian curries with evaporated skim milk reduces the saturated fat considerably. Serve over brown basmati rice.
7 Reviews for Shrimp & Coconut Milk Curry
Very easy and delicious. I don't ever cook shrimp for 10 minutes. Five is plenty.
I like spicy food, but this one as written is too much for me. If you use real Madras curry powder, this will be way too hot. I made it according to the directions the first time and my wife described it as inedible. I've since cut the spice down to no jalapeno and 1 1/2 tbs of curry powder.
Other than that, it was the richest most flavorful curry I've ever made.
I use EW recipes often, but this is the first time I've commented on a recipe. This curry is far better than any I've had from a take out place. I added zucchini that I had left over an I wish I had had more veggies to throw in! The sauce is wonderful and would be great with chicken or as a strictly vegetarian dish.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)