Shrimp Cobb Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Cooked peeled shrimp is perfect for quick and healthy meals--here we use it in place of chicken in our simplified Cobb Salad.
- 3 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (see Tip)
- 5 cooked peeled shrimp, (31-40 per pound)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, egg and shrimp in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss with dressing and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 273 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 348 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 5 g fiber; 556 mg sodium; 894 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (220% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv), Folate (67% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetables, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007