Shrimp Cobb Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Cooked peeled shrimp is perfect for quick and healthy meals--here we use it in place of chicken in our simplified Cobb Salad.
- 3 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (see Tip)
- 5 cooked peeled shrimp, (31-40 per pound)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, egg and shrimp in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss with dressing and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 273 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 348 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 5 g fiber; 556 mg sodium; 894 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (220% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv), Folate (67% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetables, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2007