Shrimp Cobb Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Cooked peeled shrimp is perfect for quick and healthy meals--here we use it in place of chicken in our simplified Cobb Salad.
- 3 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (see Tip)
- 5 cooked peeled shrimp, (31-40 per pound)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, egg and shrimp in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss with dressing and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 273 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 348 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 5 g fiber; 556 mg sodium; 894 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (220% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv), Folate (67% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetables, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007