This came together so quickly, 20 minutes including chopping everything up. I love starches so served with brown rice. I also love spicy so I doubled the chipotles. Also, it had a bit too much shrimp for my taste. I'll probably use half the shrimp and add avocado next time. Super bold flavors and healthy.
Zesty Shrimp & Black Bean Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
Loaded with fresh tomatoes, peppers and cilantro and seasoned with cumin and chile, this shrimp and black bean salad recipe has all the flavors of a great fresh salsa and is a quick and easy no-cook recipe. Serve with tortilla chips or fresh corn tortillas.
10 Reviews for Zesty Shrimp & Black Bean Salad
Although delicious as is, I felt it screamed for avocado. The addition of some avocado chunks made it perfect. I made a double batch and ate it practically alone in a three days.
This is SO good! Not too spicy, could use more tang, like another poster said maybe some lime juice. Could be served over brown rice, couscous, quinoa
I have made this salad numerous times and it is out of this world! The perfect balance of zest and spice. The poblano pepper is a must for those who like a little heat. I will make this again and again. Total YUM!
Took this to an outdoor concert/picnic and it was a hit. Will definitely make again. Only deviation i made was to substitute parsley for cilantro (never got that gene). May add a chili from the adobo sauce next time. But that's a personal preference. Great dish
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)