I would rather dry fry the shrimp and throw them on top of the veggies in a salad.
A broth made from shrimp shells, wine and aromatic vegetables makes a richly flavored base for this bisque. A dollop of reduced-fat sour cream is all you need for a luxurious finish.
4 Reviews for Shrimp Bisque
I made this dish last night, and it turned out beautifully! From the very beginning, the smells coming from the pot were making my mouth water. I did add a bit more flour in the end to thicken it up, but the flavor was amazing. Even my picky-eater boyfriend really liked it. Chopping the veggies was the most tedious part, but not a big deal at all. Will make again!
Pretty good for being low cal. Used 1% milk and chanterelles for the mushrooms. Had shrimp shells in the freezer and added them to the shells from the shrimp for the recipe, so the soup base was very flavorful. Used a bit more sherry, too. Will make it again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)