Sherried Oranges & Raisins
A sweet sherry-raisin sauce tops orange slices in a quick and easy dessert.
- 4 large large navel oranges
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sweet sherry
- Grate 1 teaspoon zest from one of the oranges and set aside. Remove the rind and white pith from the oranges with a sharp knife and discard. Working over a medium bowl, cut the orange segments from their surrounding membranes, letting them drop into the bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl.
- Holding back the orange segments with a spoon, drain the juice from the bowl into a small saucepan. Add the reserved orange zest, raisins and honey. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook until thickened and reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in sherry. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide the reserved orange sections among 4 dessert bowls and spoon the sherry-raisin sauce on top.
Per serving: 153 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 416 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (163% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruits, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less