This recipe is wonderful. The chicken came out moist and delicious.
Shaker-Style Smoked Chicken Thighs
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Based on a recipe of the Shakers, a Quaker splinter group that flourished in the Eastern U.S. in the mid-19th century, this marinade derives its flavor from a hefty jolt of cider vinegar and lots of chopped shallots. Apple-wood chips are our first choice for smoking, but maple and hickory impart great flavor as well.
2 Reviews for Shaker-Style Smoked Chicken Thighs
This is without a doubt the best grilled chicken recipe I have ever tasted. I made it for a large party we had last summer and served the chicken cold--everyone raved. I have used the marinade and smoking technique with bone-in thighs, drumsticks, and breasts as well. Very easy to adapt and always delicious. This is the only way I make grilled chicken now.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)