This pie is worth the effort. Used granny smith apples and substituted pecans with walnuts. Otherwise, followed the recipe and it turned out awesome. The ginger is a wonderful compliment to the apples and pears. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you are in heaven.
Shades of Autumn Pie
The season's best apples - plus a pear for its delicate flavor - fill this wholesome pie. A touch of ginger imparts fragrance and warmth. Serve with low-fat vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)