Everyone in my family, including my 8 year old, loves this recipe. It is a frequent dinner when the weather is hot. The salad is forgiving of substitutions or forgotten ingredients.
Sesame Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Toasted sesame oil transforms a humble staple like canned tuna into an elegant supper. We love the crunch of napa cabbage in this salad, but romaine lettuce would also work if you happen to have that on hand.
6 Reviews for Sesame Tuna Salad
I saw this recipe and wanted to make it on the spot. I didn't have napa cabbage or snow peas, so I used some shredded carrot and regular green leaf lettuce. It was great, and I didn't think the amount of sesame oil was overpowering (disclaimer - I do love sesame). I'm sure it would be delicious with the other ingredients as well. Though I made it at home and ate it right away for lunch, I think it would travel well.
I absolutely loved this. Made it with less sesame oil than called for - to my taste a little sesame oil goes a long way. I also made it for one, cutting everything into one-fourth amounts except for the sesame oil and ginger (used less than one-fourth.. just a few drops of sesame oil). Also I had broccoli slaw on hand and spinach, so used a combo of that instead of the napa cabbage. Quick, and nice change of pace from same old-same old tuna salad.
I really liked this, but my husband wasn't crazy about it (I think the sesame flavor was too strong for him). I went with a Romaine/red cabbage mix since that is what I had on hand. Turned out great. Quick, colorful, and healthy. Would make an excellent lunch on the go.
Even my very finicky 11-year-old LOVED this recipe. She actually cleaned her plate!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)