Sesame Snap Peas with Carrots & Peppers
The colorful combination of sugar snap peas, red bell pepper and carrot plus an Asian-inspired flavors make this side dish a pleasure to whip up for a weeknight dinner.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Place peas, bell pepper and carrot in a steamer basket over 2 inches of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss with soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds and pepper.
Per serving: 82 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 219 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (120% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable