Sesame Snap Peas with Carrots & Peppers
The colorful combination of sugar snap peas, red bell pepper and carrot plus an Asian-inspired flavors make this side dish a pleasure to whip up for a weeknight dinner.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Place peas, bell pepper and carrot in a steamer basket over 2 inches of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss with soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds and pepper.
Per serving: 82 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 219 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (120% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)