Sesame Roasted Mushrooms & Scallions
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of mushrooms. Here they are paired with full-flavored sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallions. Using a variety of mixed mushrooms makes this dish special (and delicious). Serve with Ginger-Steamed Fish with Troy's Hana-Style Sauce and rice noodles.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake (stemmed), oyster and white, thickly sliced
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushrooms and scallions and toss to coat. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add seeds and stir constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Per serving: 109 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 205 mg sodium; 606 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (25% daily value), Potassium (17% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable