From EatingWell: December 1997
These sesame-topped wonton crisps are perfect for Asian-inspired dips and spreads.
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat several baking sheets with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place a bowl of cold water beside stove.
- combine sesame seeds and salt in a small bowl.
- Drop 6 wonton wrappers into boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to bowl of cold water. Blot wontons on a kitchen towel and arrange on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed mixture over each wonton.
- Bake wontons until golden and crisp, 8 to 12 minutes, removing any that brown quicker than the others. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, repeat procedure with remaining wontons and sesame seed mixture.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per crisp: 32 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997