From EatingWell: December 1997
These sesame-topped wonton crisps are perfect for Asian-inspired dips and spreads.
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat several baking sheets with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place a bowl of cold water beside stove.
- combine sesame seeds and salt in a small bowl.
- Drop 6 wonton wrappers into boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to bowl of cold water. Blot wontons on a kitchen towel and arrange on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed mixture over each wonton.
- Bake wontons until golden and crisp, 8 to 12 minutes, removing any that brown quicker than the others. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, repeat procedure with remaining wontons and sesame seed mixture.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per crisp: 32 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997