From EatingWell: December 1997
These sesame-topped wonton crisps are perfect for Asian-inspired dips and spreads.
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat several baking sheets with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place a bowl of cold water beside stove.
- combine sesame seeds and salt in a small bowl.
- Drop 6 wonton wrappers into boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to bowl of cold water. Blot wontons on a kitchen towel and arrange on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed mixture over each wonton.
- Bake wontons until golden and crisp, 8 to 12 minutes, removing any that brown quicker than the others. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, repeat procedure with remaining wontons and sesame seed mixture.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per crisp: 32 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997