From EatingWell: November 1997
Turn leftover whole-wheat tortillas into crispy crackers—perfect for impromptu guests!
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Blend egg white and water with a fork; brush lightly over the tortillas. Sprinkle the tortillas evenly with sesame seeds; season with salt. Bake until light golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Break into large irregular pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cracker: 23 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- November 1997