From EatingWell: November 1997
Turn leftover whole-wheat tortillas into crispy crackers—perfect for impromptu guests!
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Blend egg white and water with a fork; brush lightly over the tortillas. Sprinkle the tortillas evenly with sesame seeds; season with salt. Bake until light golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Break into large irregular pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cracker: 23 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November 1997