From EatingWell: November 1997
Turn leftover whole-wheat tortillas into crispy crackers—perfect for impromptu guests!
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Blend egg white and water with a fork; brush lightly over the tortillas. Sprinkle the tortillas evenly with sesame seeds; season with salt. Bake until light golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Break into large irregular pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cracker: 23 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November 1997