From EatingWell: November 1997
Turn leftover whole-wheat tortillas into crispy crackers—perfect for impromptu guests!
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Blend egg white and water with a fork; brush lightly over the tortillas. Sprinkle the tortillas evenly with sesame seeds; season with salt. Bake until light golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Break into large irregular pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cracker: 23 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- November 1997