Are the carrots cooked or uncooked?
Toasted sesame seeds add taste and eye appeal to a cheery plate of carrots.
5 Reviews for Sesame Carrots
We really enjoyed this recipe because it was simple and quick to fix. Unfortunately, the recipe didn't specify whether to use raw, steamed or cooked carrots and the first time I tried it with raw carrots and it was "Ok" but not great. The 2nd time I steamed the carrots until "just" tender and they were really good. We serve them both as a side dish and for a snack. The toasted sesame really compliment the carrots.
This may sound like a stuped question but what's the easiest way to toast sesame seeds?
This is such a great and easy go-to side! I, too, was unclear as to whether the carrots are cooked or uncooked. I decided to steam the carrots, because I figured the sesame seeds would stick to them better if I did. It turned out really great!
These look delish. Are the carrots cooked or uncooked?
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)