From EatingWell: November/December 2008
This restaurant-worthy seafood pasta dish is a snap to make and an easy way to impress guests. We like the sweet taste and extra-saucy consistency of canned diced San Marzano tomatoes in sauces like this one. Marjoram pairs well with the seafood, but basil or even parsley works too. Serve with a Caesar salad.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine, or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 littleneck or small cherrystone clams, (about 1 pound), scrubbed
- 8 ounces dry sea scallops
- 8 ounces tilapia, or other flaky white fish, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram, or 1 teaspoon dried, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Add clams, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in scallops, fish and marjoram. Cover and cook until the scallops and fish are cooked through and the clams have opened, 3 to 5 minutes more. (Discard any clams that don’t open.)
- Spoon the sauce and clams over the pasta and sprinkle with additional marjoram and Parmesan (if using).
Per serving: 453 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 62 mg cholesterol; 51 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 8 g fiber; 733 mg sodium; 656 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (50% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv), Magnesium (34% dv), Potassium (19% dv), Vitamin A (15%).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2008