Use this tangy mayonnaise as a sandwich spread or as a dip for a platter of grilled summer vegetables.
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, juice
- Pinch of salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk until blended.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 17 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation