Use this tangy mayonnaise as a sandwich spread or as a dip for a platter of grilled summer vegetables.
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, juice
- Pinch of salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk until blended.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 17 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation