Scallion-Dill Potato Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy potato salad recipe, yogurt replaces mayonnaise to create a creamy dressing spiked with scallions and dill.
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled red or yellow potatoes, halved or quartered
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine yogurt, scallions, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled potatoes and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 150 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 359 mg sodium; 939 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (27% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- March/April 2014