Scallion-Dill Potato Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy potato salad recipe, yogurt replaces mayonnaise to create a creamy dressing spiked with scallions and dill.
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled red or yellow potatoes, halved or quartered
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine yogurt, scallions, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled potatoes and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 150 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 359 mg sodium; 939 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (27% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2014