I make this often. Instead of taragon I use oregano and I also use rice vinegar instead. Just because this is what I have on hand all the time. You can also play around with the cheese. Never fails!
Savory Carrot & Tarragon Tart
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
The bright orange carrots in this savory tart are a feast for the eyes and the palate. Tarragon lends bold flavor to the tart. Other herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, would be delicious too.
14 Reviews for Savory Carrot & Tarragon Tart
This tart was surprisingly easy to make, considering how professional it looks and how delicious it tastes. However, the my husband was lukewarm. "It was better than I thought a carrot tart would be." (He also resists carrot cake; vegetables have their place, and it's not in cakes or tarts--whether savory or sweet.) He wouldn't let me take it to his club's potluck.
I made it for Thanksgiving. It was beautiful to look at, but not enough flavor. Comments were "its a Quiche with carrots", "there is no flavor". I don't think I'll make it again.
I used the crust recipe for a savory free-form tart- with roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, sauteed spinach, and goat cheese- and was so pleased with how delicious the crust was. I subbed sage for tarragon as I wanted that flavor to complement the squash. In any case, I'll definitely be using the crust again soon!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)