Just made these - as per the recipe - very dry and bland. Will try to twick them abit and see what happens.
Savory Breakfast Muffins
If you're tired of sweet breakfast muffins or just looking for a savory breakfast, try these--you'll love the smoky flavor from the Canadian bacon and the fresh-tasting combination of red bell pepper and scallions.
42 Reviews for Savory Breakfast Muffins
Made these muffins as looking at some healthy eating was very impressed first attempt and they tasted great with a little butter so not to dry.
When I make these they are not dry and have plenty of flavor. I substitute 1 cup of almond meal for the cup of regular flour, and I use white whole wheat flour for the rest. The texture is very light with a delicate crumb. Hot pepper jelly is delicious or even black bean dip on them. Or honey...
I followed the recipe except changed the Canadian bacon to zesty sausage. Everything else the same and they came out soooooo dry. No one in my house will eat them so had to trash the entire batch. I don't recommend this recipe.
I tried these for a birthday celebration at work, but saved a few for my breakfast. They went so fast and people wanted more so I wound up bringing the rest to work as well. We put some low fat garden herb cream cheese spread on them which was fabulous!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)