Sauteed Spinach with Toasted Sesame Oil
A delicious and quick spinach saute is a nice addition to any meal.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach, (see Ingredient note), tough stems removed
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: The sturdier texture of mature spinach stands up better to sauteing than baby spinach and it's a more economical choice. We prefer to serve baby spinach raw.
Per serving: 102 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 195 mg sodium; 732 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique