Sauteed Spinach with Pine Nuts & Golden Raisins
From EatingWell: April/May 2005
Pine nuts and sweet golden raisins brighten up sauteed spinach.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach, (see Ingredient note), tough stems removed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add raisins, pine nuts and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and salt. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Note: The sturdier texture of mature spinach stands up better to sauteing than baby spinach and it's a more economical choice. We prefer to serve baby spinach raw.
Per serving: 158 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber; 310 mg sodium; 804 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (170% daily value), Folate (42% dv), Vitamin C (40% dv), Magnesium (29% dv), Potassium (23% dv), Calcium & Iron (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- April/May 2005