This recipe is outstanding in my opinion and gets the point across about using a flavorful wine reduction. My boyfriend couldn't stop talking about this one. The addition of the dijon mustard brought out all the great flavor. I did not have a problem with fish sticking to the pan. I will be making this again this week. I used cod with this recipe, and think any delicate white fish will do nicely. This is a recipe good enough to share.
Sauteed Flounder with Orange-Shallot Sauce
Look for Pacific Flounder. Its delicate flavor is wonderfully balanced by the sweet and savory combination of orange, shallot and mustard. A large nonstick skillet is highly recommended. Otherwise, cook the fillets in two batches, using 1 1/2 teaspoons oil per batch.
5 Reviews for Sauteed Flounder with Orange-Shallot Sauce
Sometimes the fish falls apart, but then I just serve it in the sauce almost like a stew. It's always wonderful, and guests always rave about it. It's great over grains or with boiled potatoes. A favorite go-to recipe.
i always read the reviews before making a recipe to make sure if i should adjust anything. one reviewer said she used previously frozen fish and i decided i would use it too since thats what i had on hand. after dreging it and cooking it in the pan on side 1, i couldnt flip it over and it just started to fall apart. normally recipes will say if it should use fresh or if frozen is okay. DONT USE THE FROZEN! i dont know what went wrong but it ended up just being a pile of mush.
Followed this recipe completely and it turned out great. It's perfect for weeknight dish since ingredients are simple ones you usually have on hand. I used frozen wild-caught flounder and it was delicious.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)