Yummy, a hit with my picky husband! And the chicken is so tender (I was afraid I undercooked it).
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Here's a sauce so delicious, it's missing only one thing: a little crunchy bread to dip in it. Make It a Meal: Serve with steamed asparagus or cauliflower, mashed potatoes or orzo pasta, and a glass of Vinho Verde.
102 Reviews for Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Delicious, juicy and oh-so-tender. I made this for my mom and two of my friends who promptly asked for seconds. This one's a keeper.
Absolutley a hit w/ the family, delicious. Didn't have chive so used scallion from my garden and I dipped the chicken in buttermilk prior to dredging in corn flour.
JeannieM, Braintree, Ma
It's easier to buy thinly sliced chicken breasts so you don't have to smack away at the chicken (altho it might be a nice way to take out aggression!!??!) When I went into my fridge I discovered that my chives had gone bad and I had no sour cream. I decided to do my own version.... I chopped up fresh Rosemary instead and added 2 slices of lemon to the sauce. Instead of sour cream, I had plain yogurt in the fridge (mixed 2 teaspoons of flour with it to make it thick like sour cream). My dad licked the plate clean and said it was the best chicken he had ever had in his life!!!! I have yet to do this real recipe, but I have to admit, I've made "my" chicken version 2 times this week, that's how good it is! Give it a try! You never know what magic you can come up with!
Patti, Akron, OH
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)