Chicken was awesome, but I just could NOT get the sauce to work, way too runny, tried reducing it but it didn't ever look close to the picture, more like a soup, plus the sour cream was floating around in these little clumps, not very appetizing, I had high hopes for this dish and I think I'll try it again with several modifications
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Here's a sauce so delicious, it's missing only one thing: a little crunchy bread to dip in it. Make It a Meal: Serve with steamed asparagus or cauliflower, mashed potatoes or orzo pasta, and a glass of Vinho Verde.
102 Reviews for Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
I will make this again! We grilled whole thighs for two reasons - it IS summer and I can’t keep him away from the grill and I prefer using the meat’s natural juices instead of adding fat (olive oil) to boneless skinless breasts. To keep the fat and calorie count low just remove skin after cooking, before adding sauce.
I used a fresh sweet onion (including greens) instead of shallots because a previous comment said the shallots were a bit strong/bitter, so the sauce was slightly sweet and very tasty!
French bread for dipping was a wonderful suggestion. S.O.S. made from this sauce, picked chicken & French bread was a wonderful lunch the next day.
I agree that the breast were very moist, but if I make this recipe again I will use less shallots. Their flavor overpowered anythign else and was almost bitter.
I made this dish last night for a dinner party. Very easy to make. Chicken came out juicy and the sauce was light. Was a huge hit, even for my "picky eater" friend. Would recommend to anyone! Just make sure your skillet heat is up high enough to brown the chicken.
My grocery store actually had thin breasts already cut so I could avoid the first step!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)