This recipe was delicious! I did use less chicken stock for a thicker sauce and used green onions instead of chives. Dinner party worthy!
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Here's a sauce so delicious, it's missing only one thing: a little crunchy bread to dip in it. Make It a Meal: Serve with steamed asparagus or cauliflower, mashed potatoes or orzo pasta, and a glass of Vinho Verde.
102 Reviews for Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
I cut back just a bit on the chicken broth and wine so that the sauce would be a bit thicker. I made no other changes. I'm still adjusting to heart healthy meals which my husband now requires and I'm not pleased with many of them. This one was pretty good however. The chicken was tender and tasty.
I absolutely loved this, but ended up adding double sour cream to make it less soupy. I think I'd scale back to 8-10 oz. of chicken broth, rather than the full 14oz. Otherwise, easy and fantastic -- my friends and I almost drank the sauce!
I made this for dinner tonight. This chicken is SO GOOD, and I literally had to stop myself from licking the plate!!! I love that it is made with mostly ingredients that I keep around the house, so there wasn't much to buy. It took around 30 minutes to prepare, and I served it with orzo (to soak up the sauce) and creamed corn. Can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!
This recipe is delicious! It tastes wonderful and it is hard to believe that it is healthy. I have prepared this meal often over the last six months. If I don't have chives handy, I substitute green onions. Yum!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)