I bought the thin sliced chicken cutlets to save time. This recipe makes a ton of heavenly sauce. I served this with mashed potatoes but it would be great with crusty bread, rice or noodles. Fantastic weeknight meal.
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Here's a sauce so delicious, it's missing only one thing: a little crunchy bread to dip in it. Make It a Meal: Serve with steamed asparagus or cauliflower, mashed potatoes or orzo pasta, and a glass of Vinho Verde.
102 Reviews for Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Made this for dinner today as my hubby and I are trying to eat healthier and in our culture, dishes are tasty but not very healthy.
I used 1 chicken breast for the 2 of us as it was very big, so adjusted ingredients accordingly. I didn't use salt as my chicken stock already contains salt, i used natural yoghurt and cream (to tone down the tanginess) as I didn't have sour cream and dried parsley flakes as i don't have chives. I served it with mashed potatoes and a leaf salad containing sweetcorn with a caesar salad dressing. It was very tasty, quick to make and i'll be making it again but hopefully with the sour cream! Thank you!
Fast+Delicious. Added capers and served over noodles (probably should have served over steamed vegetables though). This one is a keeper.
The chicken? Fantastic! I ate one piping hot. It smelt amazing, and I couldn't wait.
Really liked this recipe. Hubby doesn't like chives, so I just sprinkled some on mine. Since it is just the two of us, I diced the leftover chicken. I combined the leftover chicken and sauce with hot cooked pasta (or noodles) to make another meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)