I love this recipe and I have made four or five times. It's my go-to when I have guests over for dinner during a busy week night.
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Here's a sauce so delicious, it's missing only one thing: a little crunchy bread to dip in it. Make It a Meal: Serve with steamed asparagus or cauliflower, mashed potatoes or orzo pasta, and a glass of Vinho Verde.
102 Reviews for Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
I did what other reviewers said and only used 1 cup of broth, I added mushrooms, and used reduced-fat sour cream. I didn't have any shallots so I substituted for finely chopped onions. It was a delicious way to make a creamy sauce without a lot of fat. Next time though, I might even cut down on the liquid a little more.
My family really like it but I thought it was ok. If I make it again, I will use 1/2 the broth and maybe use real sour cream. That, I think, is why the sauce was so anemic looking. I had to wisk it to get the light sour cream to incorporate. I like the idea of adding garlic and mushrooms.
I made it last night and it was wonderful! I did make some changes: Double the wine, sour cream and Dijon mustard. I also added two chop garlic cloves when the shallots had finished cooking. The extra sauce was great over rice!
Very tasty - too much sauce - I think amount of chicken broth can be reduced, so you would not waste the sauce. - I added mushrooms. Have made twice very quick.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)