Sauté of Cauliflower & Mustard Greens with Peanuts
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
Cauliflower and mustard greens is an unusual combination that really works, especially when tossed with a subtle peanut sauce. Make it a meal: Brown rice is the perfect accompaniment.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, (1/2 small head)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or water
- 8 cups firmly packed, coarsely chopped mustard greens, stems included, (1-pound bunch)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until very hot. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add greens and simmer, covered, until the greens are tender, an additional 5 minutes. (Do not overcook the greens or they will lose their vibrant color.) Stir in the peanut sauce and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
Per serving: 319 calories; 18 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 14 g fiber; 696 mg sodium; 1396 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (478% daily value), Vitamin C (263% dv), Folate (132% dv), Potassium (40% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 1 high fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1995