Sauté of Cauliflower & Mustard Greens with Peanuts
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
Cauliflower and mustard greens is an unusual combination that really works, especially when tossed with a subtle peanut sauce. Make it a meal: Brown rice is the perfect accompaniment.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, (1/2 small head)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or water
- 8 cups firmly packed, coarsely chopped mustard greens, stems included, (1-pound bunch)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until very hot. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add greens and simmer, covered, until the greens are tender, an additional 5 minutes. (Do not overcook the greens or they will lose their vibrant color.) Stir in the peanut sauce and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
Per serving: 319 calories; 18 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 14 g fiber; 696 mg sodium; 1396 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (478% daily value), Vitamin C (263% dv), Folate (132% dv), Potassium (40% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 1 high fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1995