Sauté of Cauliflower & Mustard Greens with Peanuts
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
Cauliflower and mustard greens is an unusual combination that really works, especially when tossed with a subtle peanut sauce. Make it a meal: Brown rice is the perfect accompaniment.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, (1/2 small head)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or water
- 8 cups firmly packed, coarsely chopped mustard greens, stems included, (1-pound bunch)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until very hot. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add greens and simmer, covered, until the greens are tender, an additional 5 minutes. (Do not overcook the greens or they will lose their vibrant color.) Stir in the peanut sauce and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
Per serving: 319 calories; 18 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 14 g fiber; 696 mg sodium; 1396 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (478% daily value), Vitamin C (263% dv), Folate (132% dv), Potassium (40% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 1 high fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1995