Sautéed Chard with Chile & Garlic
Spicy red pepper, garlic and lemon juice balance any bitterness in this sauteed chard dish.
- 8 ounces chard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Remove ribs from chard and chop leaves into 1-inch pieces. Steam until tender. Press on the chard to remove excess liquid.
- Place oil and garlic in a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add crushed red pepper to taste and cook until the garlic is golden. Add the steamed chard and toss until heated through. Season with lemon juice.
Per serving: 65 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 574 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (127% daily value), Vitamin C (32% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique